At Gerald McShane our Pre-Kindergarten teachers create a healthy learning environment fostering all areas of development: intellectual, language, physical and social and emotional.
Give your Child a Head Start
- Develop motor skills through active play, healthy habits, relaxation and exercise.
- Build self-confidence through games, self-expression, and creativity.
- Interact harmoniously with others through positive thinking, group activities and conflict resolution.
- Communicate using song, dance, stories and appropriate vocabulary.
- Explore the concepts, conventions, and symbols of written language and the digital environment.
- Develop work methods by participating in individual, team, or class projects.
- Understand the world we live in through play, exploration, experimentation, planning and organization.
Certificate of Eligibility Requirements
Pre-Kindergarten is offered at Gerald McShane for children 4 years of age as of September 30th.
In order to qualify for English Instruction in Quebec Public Schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.
To obtain a Certificate of Eligibility, parents must complete an application at the Community Services (Law 101) office located at the English Montreal School Board head office. Please consult the EMSB web site below for information on eligibility requirements:EMSB Eligibility Requirements